Monday 1 April 2013

In Good Spirits, Lets Warm Up!!!

Today is a total lax day, so I figured I will post a few little tidbits since the snow is finally melting outside and I'm in good spirits because its starting to not look like this outside my house.
This is not an exaggeration either our driveway is simply shoveled out, only difference. I think our snow actually might be higher in some places. saskatchewan is not a place for small outdoor dogs. In the winter you would lose them in little tunnels all through your yard.

Ya anywho my little rant on the weather is done and I think we need to warm up. Here is one of my favorite recipes it is a chocolate coffee rendition on hot chocolate. So make your basic hot chocolate.
 Creamy Hot Chocolate
Makes 4 servings


Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.

Add the below for an extra spin or add some of your favorite coffee to this smooth drink.

After Dinner Irish Cream
Makes 6 servings

2 cups whipping cream
1 3/4 cups brandy
14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk(not evaporated)
3 eggs
2 tablespoons chocolate flavoured syrup (not absolutely necessary because of the hot cocoa but nice if you love chocolate like my family does)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
blend at low speed till frothy. Serve Immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment